I took the Gold City Ventures E-Printables course to sell printables on Etsy, and here is my in-depth review.
I’m always on the hunt for legitimate ways to earn extra income. And when I find a good one, of course I have to try it myself before recommending it to you.
Selling printables on Etsy is a great way to earn passive income. While I came across many who are making a healthy income from their Etsy stores, I also know a few who never made it.
When I decided to sell my own printables on Etsy, I knew a good course will help me to fast-track my progress.
In this post, I will be sharing my experience and results from taking the E-Printables course, so you can decide if it is right for you.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I may earn a small commission, at no cost to you. Please read the disclosure for more information.
How I came across the Gold City Ventures E-Printables course?
I was looking for a course that will not only teach me how to make printables, but more importantly how to market my products to get more sales.
Many printable courses mainly focus on the “making printables” part, but covers little on the marketing side. After reading multiple reviews and asking around on facebook groups, the Gold City Ventures E-Printables course came out to be one of the best printables courses.
The course covers both creating and marketing the printables. Reading the success story of the previous course graduates’ sealed the deal for me to invest in the course.
What is Gold City Ventures?
Gold City Ventures, owned by Julie Berninger and Cody Berman, teaches how to earn passive income from selling printables on Etsy.
Julie is a mom, a full-time office worker, and a multi-faceted business owner. She started selling temporary tattoos on Etsy back in 2017. Then she pivoted from the actual products to digital products to avoid having to manage stocks, shipping, etc. Today, her Etsy shop The Swag Elephant has blossomed into all sorts of digital printables that you can purchase and download instantly.
Cody is the co-owner of Gold City Ventures, a corporate 9 to 5er turned business owner when his side hustles started to take off in 2019. When Julie introduced him to selling printables on Etsy, Cody had ZERO graphic design experience. After learning the ropes, he made $720 in a week with his Valentine’s day cards, while he was on vacation.
While Julie and Cody had different starting points, they both have proven that selling printables on Etsy is a great side hustle to earn passive income. Today along with their business experience, Julie and Cody created Gold City Ventures E-Printables Side Hustle course to teach others how to earn passive income from selling printables on Etsy.
Is Gold City Ventures legit?
The short answer is yes.
Julie and Cody from Gold City Ventures have taught over 1500 students how to launch their online businesses with their E-Printables course.
I am one of their students, and have been selling printables on Etsy since starting the course. (More on my results later)
What are Etsy printables?
They are digital products that people buy from Etsy. These printables range from colouring pages, daily trackers, to gift labels and greeting cards. The ideas are endless!
People love these printables because they can purchase, download, and print INSTANTLY without leaving the house.
As for sellers, digital printables are relatively easy to make, and best of all, no need to worry about inventory and shipping.
Don’t know where to start?
Get the FREE eBook and Learn the secret of best-selling seasonal products by month on Etsy 👇
Why sell printables on Etsy?
The best place to sell these digital printables is to sell them on Etsy.
- Etsy is the marketplace where people are looking for these types of homemade/handmade products.
- It’s free to join and start a shop. There is a small fee on listing, transaction, and payment processing.
- It has a great tracking app for sellers to market, track shop statics and responds to customers.
What does the Gold City Ventures E-Printables course cover?
The E-Printables course uses Teachable as the platform, which is very user friendly. You can navigate the modules on the left side of the screen. It also shows you the format of each module that will be taught (video vs. text). For the videos, it tells you how long each video is, so I can walk on a treadmill while watching a 30min. Long video etc.
On to the course it self, here’s what you would expect to learn:
- Get you started with plenty of high demand printable ideas
- Learn to make attractive printables that your customers love
- Open your Etsy shop with your first product listed
- Make Pinterest pins to start driving traffic to your Etsy shop
- Learn how to use Ads to boost your sales
- Implement keyword research strategies to attract more traffic
- Secrets to optimize your listings so you can beat the competition
Here’s the structure of the course:
- Meet Julie, Cody, and the rest of the Gold City Ventures team
- What should you sell:
- In this section, to get your creative juice going, you will get 50+ high demand printable ideas. You will also learn what are evergreen products vs. seasonal products.
- Getting started making printables:
- Before you roll up your sleeves to create your first printable, this section will cover the legal stuff – the commercial use for the graphics and fonts.
- With that in mind, you will also learn the resources to find the best graphics, fonts, different formats (PDF, JPG, PNG etc.) and how to upload them.
- How to make printables with Canva and Adobe Illustrator.
- In this section, you will learn how to use Canva and Adobe Illustrator to create your first printable.
- Canva is the one I use. Although it has a FREE version, I have upgraded to a paid version ($12.99/monthly when paid annually) as it is so easy to use and I love the additional fonts, graphics and pictures I get.
- Alternatively, you can use Adobe Illustrator which is a powerful software but it may come with a steeper learning curve. This will cost you $19.99/month when paid annually.
- How to make editable printables with Corjl:
- Many customers are looking for Editable options when purchasing printables. In this section, you will learn how to use a paid tool Corjl to design editable printables.
- Packaging your printables:
- Learn the best practices to make your printables look as professional looking as possible. Aspect ratio, sizes and dpi are key…
- Making listing images
- These are images that will attract people to click to your products. In this section, you will learn how to make your listing images attractive, providing a sneak peak of your product without revealing it completely.
- List your product on Etsy
- A step by step guide on how to list your product on Etsy.
- Understand the cost structure behind each listing, and determine how to price your product.
- Marketing and advertising
- Learn how to generate coupons, sales and use Ads on Etsy.
- How to use Pinterest to drive traffic to your brand new Etsy shop.
- Optimize your shop
- Learn the secrets of how to optimize your shop to get your listing ranked first page on Etsy.
- Using other tools like Google Analytics, eRank to monitor your statistics.
- Etsy seller app
- Use the Etsy seller app to keep tabs on your shop. It helps to see your sales, page views, and where traffic is coming from etc.
- Ensure you are providing the best customer support by responding to your customer messages at the earliest through the app.
The course comes with many bonuses:
- Bonus #1: 30 day complimentary VIP Facebook group membership
- Bonus #2: 2 printable workbooks from top 1% Etsy printable sellers that will teach you how to find fonts, graphics, and colors to make your printables stand out.
- Bonus #3: 1 printable planner to help you learn how to market your printables on Pinterest and drive traffic to your shop.
- Bonus #4: Expert strategies on keyword research and Etsy SEO.
- Bonus #5: A “behind the scenes” of year 1 from a seller who made $7,000 in their first year.
- Bonus #6: An entire module that includes ideas for selling printables off the Etsy platform including Shopify and Teachers Pay Teachers.
- Bonus #7: Access to all training and Facebook live sessions we’ve recorded since the start of the course in our VIP Facebook group.
Membership for the VIP Facebook Group
As part of the course bonuses, you get a complimentary 30 day VIP Facebook group membership. After that, you can either cancel it, or continue with the membership at $29 a month.
With the VIP FB group you will get:
- Etsy printable experts to answer your questions 24/7
- Weekly Q&A live with Julie and Cody or training on specific topics from experts
- There are monthly challenges with prices to keep you motivatedand moving forward
- Office hour for feedback from graphic design experts
- UX (User Experience) feedback from UX experts
Once you reach 100 sales, your membership becomes free. As motivation and reward, you will also receive a little gift from Julie and Cody as part of the 100 sales.
Is it worth $29 a month?
It is worth it if you can take advantage of the value above.
Especially at the beginning, the VIP FB group is where you can get answers to all your questions, and get valuable feedback from the experts on your product and Etsy shop.
So definitely take advantage of the FREE first 30 days, then evaluate if you are getting much out of it for what you will be paying.
In my case, I was progressing at a slower pace with the course, so I’ve given myself an additional 2 more paid months to learn as much as I can from the FB group.
Speaking with other graduates, many of them stopped the membership after 3-6 months.
You can leave the group and join later, but the cost of the membership is not guaranteed to stay the same. You can always contact firstname.lastname@example.org to work out the details before you make a decision.
How much does the Etsy E-Printables course cost?
The Gold City Ventures E-Printables course costs $247, however, you can use the link below for $50 off (No code required).
Who is the E-Printables course best suited for?
The Gold City Ventures E Printables course is best suited for anyone who is looking to earn passive income as a side hustle.
Although it will take hard work and time to build up your shop, selling printables on Etsy is one of the easiest side hustles to earn passive income that I have come across.
So if you are contemplating opening your Etsy printable shop and want to learn everything from creating products to marketing your shop, the E-Printables course is the one for you.
Or even if you already have an Etsy shop but not making the sales that you have hoped for, the course will help you to learn the tips and tricks to improve your sales.
Who is the E-Printables course NOT for?
First foremost, I think it’s important to pick a side hustle that you will enjoy. Although you don’t have to be creative to make printables, consider if you will enjoy the process of learning to create.
Investing $249 (£176) on a course is a lot of money for something you are not sure about. So if you are not sure if selling printables on Etsy is the right side hustle for you, make sure you do your research first.
Also just by taking the E Printables course won’t make you successful at selling printables on Etsy, it takes your own effort consistently. So if you are not committed to work hard, this course is not for you.
Finally, if you are under financial stress, I would suggest saving money before you invest in the course.
How long will it take to complete the course?
How long it will take you to complete the course vaires, depending on the type of printables you are making and your previous knowledge on creating printables.
For me, I already have a couple of digital products, so it took me about 2-3 hrs going through the course before opening my Etsy shop. Then another week to tweak my 2 products and optimise my listings along with the tutorial.
If you are brand new, I would expect between 2-4 weeks (1-2 hours per day) to get your Etsy shop open with a product listed, while going through the course.
What have my results been?
Before I started the course, I already had a couple of printable products selling on my blog. I was interested in selling these printables on Etsy as a way to diversify my income stream.
So I was no stranger to using Canva designing printables.
It took me a few hours on two weekends to go through the course and open my Etsy shop. With 2 products made and listed, I had my 1st sale 2 days after I opened my shop!
For a £1.99 sale, it tasted so sweet! I was blown away, for the fact that the concept worked, and SOMEONE bought my product!!!!
Following that 1st victory, I had 4 more sales in my first 2 weeks!
Although it’s still early days, I am working on creating more products consistently for my shop.
Kevin J. was one of the 1st students from Gold City Ventures E-Printables course. He has sold over $20K worth of printables since he opened her Etsy shop MordenPrintableShop , and now he is one of the VIP E Printables FB Group experts helping others to be successful too.
Jennifer G. took the E-Printables course in 2019. She has made nearly 5,000 sales with her wedding themed shop – EdenwoodPaperie on Etsy.
Sanjay K is one of the recent students, who made over 100 sales within his first 3 months of opening HappyYouPrints.
That is an incredible result!
Check out my interview with Jenny Marchal, who is one of the experts on VIP E-Printables Facebook group, how she found success selling printables on Etsy.
What is the most valuable learning from the E-Printables course for me?
The E-Printables is a well-rounded course on everything you need to sell printables on Etsy. I love the fact the course offers so many resources from different experts to help you to be successful.
The main reason I chose Gold City Ventures E-Printables is that the course covers the marketing side of selling printables on Etsy (like how to use Ads to boost sales). Many other courses don’t cover this element.
Another valuable area of the course was on how to optimise my shop so that my listing can get ranked on top of the search page. More eyeballs, more people are likely to click on my product to buy. I think this really contributed to my early sales even though my shop was brand new.
What can be improved from the E-Printables course?
While I think this is a solid course and I’m happy with my results so far, there’s always room for improvement.
The course covered how to use Pinterest and a website to promote your Etsy shop. Kudos to Julie and Cody to take on these 2 topics, but each of these two can be SO COMPLICATED, and deserves its own course if you want to be successful at it.
However, for the price of the course, I don’t really expect them to go too deep with Pinterest and blogging. I think the purpose of these 2 topics included in the course is to give you other ideas on how to drive traffic outside of Etsy.
Final thoughts on Gold City Ventures Etys E-Printables Course Review
So here you have it, my in depth review on the Gold City Ventures E-Printables course. Overall, I am really pleased with my results from taking the course and absolutely love creating printables.
The course is well structured, and Julie and Cody’s way of teaching is very natural and clear. The VIP Facebook community is also very active in answering any questions I have, and motivating me to continue with my progress.
If you are looking to start selling printables on Etsy as a side hustle, and willing to invest on a course to fast track your progress, I highly recommend the Gold City Ventures E-Printables course.