I took the Gold City Ventures E-Printables course to sell printables on Etsy, and here is my in-depth review.
I’m always on the hunt for legitimate ways to earn extra income. And when I find a good one, of course I have to try it myself before recommending it to you.
Selling printables on Etsy is a great way to earn passive income. While I came across many who are making a healthy income from their Etsy stores, I also know a few who never made it.
When I decided to sell my own printables on Etsy, I knew a good course will help me to fast-track my progress.
In this post, I will be sharing my experience and results from taking the E-Printables course, so you can decide if it is right for you.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase, I may earn a small commission, at no cost to you. Please read the disclosure for more information.
How I came across the Gold City Ventures E-Printables course?
I was looking for a course that will not only teach me how to make printables, but more importantly how to market my products to get more sales.
Many printable courses mainly focus on the “making printables” part, but cover little on the marketing side. After reading multiple reviews and asking around on facebook groups, the Gold City Ventures E-Printables course came out to be one of the best printables courses.
The course covers both creating and marketing the printables. Reading the success story of the previous course graduates’ sealed the deal for me to invest in the course.
What is Gold City Ventures?
Gold City Ventures, owned by Julie Berninger and Cody Berman, teaches how to earn passive income from selling printables on Etsy.
Julie is a mom, a full-time office worker, and a multi-faceted business owner. She started selling temporary tattoos on Etsy back in 2017. Then she pivoted from the actual products to digital products to avoid having to manage stocks, shipping, etc. Today, her Etsy shop The Swag Elephant has blossomed into all sorts of digital printables that you can purchase and download instantly.
Cody is the co-owner of Gold City Ventures, a corporate 9 to 5er turned business owner when his side hustles started to take off in 2019. When Julie introduced him to selling printables on Etsy, Cody had ZERO graphic design experience. After learning the ropes, he made $720 in a week with his Valentine’s day cards, while he was on vacation.
While Julie and Cody had different starting points, they both have proven that selling printables on Etsy is a great side hustle to earn passive income. Today along with their business experience, Julie and Cody created Gold City Ventures E-Printables Side Hustle course to teach others how to earn passive income from selling printables on Etsy.
Is Gold City Ventures legit?
The short answer is yes.
Julie and Cody from Gold City Ventures have taught over 1500 students how to launch their online businesses with their E-Printables course.
I am one of their students, and have been selling printables on Etsy since starting the course. (More on my results later)
What are Etsy printables?
They are digital products that people buy from Etsy. These printables range from colouring pages, daily trackers, to gift labels and greeting cards. The ideas are endless!
People love these printables because they can purchase, download, and print INSTANTLY without leaving the house.
As for sellers, digital printables are relatively easy to make, and best of all, no need to worry about inventory and shipping.
Don’t know where to start?
Get the FREE eBook and Learn the secret of best-selling seasonal products by month on Etsy 👇
Why sell printables on Etsy?
The best place to sell these digital printables is to sell them on Etsy.
- Etsy is the marketplace where people are looking for these types of homemade/handmade products.
- It’s free to join and start a shop. There is a small fee on listing, transaction, and payment processing.
- It has a great tracking app for sellers to market, track shop statics and responds to customers.
What does the Gold City Ventures E-Printables course cover?
The E-Printables course uses Teachable as the platform, which is very user friendly. You can navigate the modules on the left side of the screen. It also shows you the format of each module that will be taught (video vs. text). For the videos, it tells you how long each video is, so I can walk on a treadmill while watching a 30min. Long video etc.
On to the course it self, here’s what you would expect to learn:
- Get you started with plenty of high demand printable ideas
- Learn to make attractive printables that your customers love
- Open your Etsy shop with your first product listed
- Make Pinterest pins to start driving traffic to your Etsy shop
- Learn how to use Ads to boost your sales
- Implement keyword research strategies to attract more traffic
- Secrets to optimize your listings so you can beat the competition
Here’s the structure of the course:
- Meet Julie, Cody, and the rest of the Gold City Ventures team
- What should you sell:
- In this section, to get your creative juice going, you will get 50+ high demand printable ideas. You will also learn what are evergreen products vs. seasonal products.
- Getting started making printables:
- Before you roll up your sleeves to create your first printable, this section will cover the legal stuff – the commercial use for the graphics and fonts.
- With that in mind, you will also learn the resources to find the best graphics, fonts, different formats (PDF, JPG, PNG etc.) and how to upload them.
- How to make printables with Canva and Adobe Illustrator.
- In this section, you will learn how to use Canva and Adobe Illustrator to create your first printable.
- Canva is the one I use. Although it has a FREE version, I have upgraded to a paid version ($12.99/monthly when paid annually) as it is so easy to use and I love the additional fonts, graphics and pictures I get.
- Alternatively, you can use Adobe Illustrator which is a powerful software but it may come with a steeper learning curve. This will cost you $19.99/month when paid annually.
- How to make editable printables with Corjl:
- Many customers are looking for Editable options when purchasing printables. In this section, you will learn how to use a paid tool Corjl to design editable printables.
- Packaging your printables:
- Learn the best practices to make your printables look as professional looking as possible. Aspect ratio, sizes and dpi are key…
- Making listing images
- These are images that will attract people to click to your products. In this section, you will learn how to make your listing images attractive, providing a sneak peak of your product without revealing it completely.
- List your product on Etsy
- A step by step guide on how to list your product on Etsy.
- Understand the cost structure behind each listing, and determine how to price your product.
- Marketing and advertising
- Learn how to generate coupons, sales and use Ads on Etsy.
- How to use Pinterest to drive traffic to your brand new Etsy shop.
- Optimize your shop
- Learn the secrets of how to optimize your shop to