Obsessed with Pinterest and wondering if you can still make money on Pinterest in 2020?
The short answer is YES.
The long answer is DEPENDS…
With ever-changing social media, while you CAN make money on Pinterest, the ways to do it have changed over the past a few years. If you learn the latest method and do it right, it can be a fun way to make money online.
Disclosure: Some of the links in the article contains affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase through one of the links, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps support the blog and allows me to continue to make free content. I will only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!
I first came across Elise’s eCourse “Paid by Pinterest” when I was intrigued by the idea of making money on Pinterest. She claimed that you don’t even need to have a blog to make money on Pinterest. I thought with a small investment, if this can help me to make some money eventually, it will be worth it.
After implementing what I have learned from the eCourse, I want to share with you this thorough and honest review on “Paid by Pinterest” created by Elise McDowell from House of Brazen. So you can decide if this is the right course for you.
In this review, I am going to share with you the following about this eCourse :
- What is this eCourse about?
- Who is it for?
- Who is it NOT for?
- How much does it cost?
- The pros and cons
- Can you REALLY make money on Pinterest, in 2020?
Before we dive into the course, let me explain the concept behind making money on Pinterest first.
Can you make money on Pinterest… Why Pinterest?
Affiliate marketing is one of the most common and effective ways to make money on Pinterest. For those of you who are new to the term, Affiliate marketing is a process to make commission by marketing someone else’s products or services.
While Pinterest is not as popular as Facebook and Twitter, it is one of the FASTEST growing social media platforms. With over 300 million active monthly users in 2019, when it comes to online marketing, it has a great potential to connect and reach your targeted audience.
The eCourse: “Paid by Pinterest” – What is it about?
Ok, it is not really get paid by Pinterest per se… but a way to make money from Affiliate Marketing using Pinterest.
“Paid by Pinterest” is a Step-by-Step eCourse that teaches you how to make affiliate sales, increase your traffic, and grow your email subscribers using Pinterest.
The creator of this course – Elise McDowell, is the owner behind House of Brazen, a business blog that helps women entrepreneurs make more sales while working less.
Elise originally created a 21page eCourse – “How to Make Your First Affiliate Sale in 24 Hours” back in 2017, sharing her Pinterest strategy to make affiliate sales.
As Pinterest made some major changes since the book was written, in 2018, Elise upgraded her eBook to an eCourse, now called “Paid by Pinterest”, updating the content with the latest strategies and adding 2 easy-to-follow videos.
The eCourse will take you about 2-3 hours to go through, which is still considered a pretty short course.
Here’s the content of the course:
- Welcome + My Story (How I made My First Affiliate Sale in 24 hours)
- Video: How to increase your traffic, subscribers & sales with Pinterest (45min.)
- Getting Started: Pinterest & Affiliate Marketing Basics
- The Perfect Pin: My Research & What I Found Worked
Canva: TOOL to create Pin
- Video: How to Create the Perfect Pin (13min.)
Tailwind: an Auto scheduler
- My “Viral” Pin Strategy & How I Automated My Pinning
- How I schedule Pins on Tailwind
Avoid being suspended
- How to Prevent Your Pinterest Account Getting Suspended
- 1000+ Group Boards for All Different Niches
- Free Canva Template by Social Digital Designs
- eBook download: 10K in 12 month eBook (worth $25)
Who is it for?
This eCourse is best suited for people who are…
- Intermediate Pinterest users
- Already understand the basic Pinterest terminologies like Pins, Group boards, Clicks etc.
- Already use Pinterest for their online business or blogs but not getting the results they are looking for
- Familiar with the concept of affiliate marketing but want to know how to apply on Pinterest
This eCourse was my first introduction to use Pinterest for affiliate marketing. Although I’ve been using Pinterest for personal reasons for many years, when it comes to Pinterest for business I was still a beginner.
At the start, I found it hard to understand a few terminologies and got a little overwhelmed with the group boards section.
I have created a supplementary cheat sheet on 5 Burning Questions Answered + 7 Essential Terminologies on Pinterest. Sign up to get yours FREE below.
Who is it NOT for?
Like I mentioned earlier, if you are a Pinterest virgin, you might find it slightly challenging. But with my FREE cheat sheet, I hope this will bring you up to the level plane field.
How much does it cost?
It’s $56.40 (or £43, exchange rate may vary) for payment in full.
If you are on a pinch, you can also purchase in 2 payments of $32.40/month.
Many courses on the market charge hundreds for a similar content. I personally think this is good value for money, especially for the amount of content the course covers.
Plus, once you complete the course, you could earn 30% affiliate commission by spreading the word about this course.
What are the Pros and Cons?
- Good value for money. In comparison with many eCourses that cost hundreds on the market, “Paid by Pinterest” is well priced with lots of value. Elise covered from getting Pinterest business accounts set up to creating the perfect pin using Canva, to using Tailwind to schedule pins.
- The course is brief, and to the point. Who has time to read hundreds of pages, when you can learn in a few simple steps? However, she does drive a few key points home, such as placement of keywords, and exactly the recommended pins and group boards you need to have.
- All tips and tricks you can implement right away. I do strongly recommend taking notes while going through the eCourse. Then go through it again. When I went through the 2nd time, I picked up things that I totally missed from the first round.
- Not completely newbie friendly (but with my Free Cheat Sheet, this should help to solve the prob.)
- In the book, Elise recommended Bluehost as the choice of setting up your new website. While that might be a popular recommendation especially for someone who knows what they are doing. If you are a complete newbie, my No. 1 recommendation is Wealthy Affiliate. I have written a blog on How to start blogging and make money online with Wealthy Affiliate.
- Elise also recommend MailChimp and MailerLite as email service providers. I came to find out, those 2 services both have very strict prohibited content policies which include affiliate marketing. I got rejected by both when I applied. After a few hair-pulling days of researching, I finally landed with GetResponse. Yes you have to pay for it, after a 30-day free trail, but it’s well worth the money.
Can you make money on Pinterest with “Paid by Pinterest”? My final verdict:
Yes you can!
It took me a lot longer than 24 hrs as Elise claimed in the eCourse, but remember, I was a COMPLETE Pinterest newbie. So if you are already an intermediate Pinterest Pinner, and have a good understanding of how affiliate marketing works, you can make money on Pinterest much faster.
Although you can make money on Pinterest without a blog, I chose to build one on a niche that I am passionate about.
Here’s how you can setup your new blog with Wealthy Affiliate for Free:
I have also greatly benefited from Tailwind to help me schedule all the pins in bulk and have much boarder reach. Try it out. Schedule and publish 30 Pins and join 5 Tribes for FREE.
“Paid by Pinterest” has opened my eyes to Pinterest Affiliate Marketing and much more… By implementing Elise’s strategy, I have not only made my affiliate sales through Pinterest, I have tripled traffic to my new blog and started to grow my email list.
This Post Has 14 Comments
Woo this is a nice one,I this year I know the number of persons that would source to make money online would be double compared to that of 2019.And I know Pinterest would be one of the best ways to make cool cash this year,but I would like to ask.how much can one make?
You can certainly make money on Pinterest in 2020 via affiliate marketing, but how much you can make all depends on what products you promote and how well you promote. Affiliate marketers make between a few hundred to 6 figure per month.
Elise is one of the experts in the filed of Pinterest, who makes 6+ figures per month. Learning from the best will help you to follow the path to a profitable journey with Pinterest.
Hope this helps.
Hi Chloe, thank you very much for writing and sharing this post. I feel really helped by your writing.
To be honest, I’m also struggling in building an online business. And so far, I have never done leveraging from this social media platform. The main reason is my ignorance.
However, after this, I will try to find out more and learn Pinterest. Plus, bookmark your writing, so that after I understand the terminology on Pinterest, I can immediately try the link that you offer.
By the way, if I were a beginner, would you recommend jumping into your product directly?
Thanks for sharing your experience and struggles with building an online business – It’s NOT easy, I hear you girl!
I am SO glad that you found this helpful. My advice for you will be NOT to do ALL social media platform at once. Focus and master 1 platform at a time. In my humble opinion, I think Pinterest is the best way to get more reach because it is a search engine platform and is still pretty new to many.
Elise’s “Paid by Pinterest” definitely opened my eye to Pinterest and the potential of making money, increasing traffic to my blog. I hope this will benefit you too. Be sure to get my Freebie – “5 Burning Question Answered for Pinterest”. I wish I knew these before I started the eCourse, but know you can have it handy.
Keep hustling girl – I am cheering for you!
All the best – Chloe
Thank you so much for the awesome review! I have been using Pinterest for a while, but like you, just started using it for affiliate reasons. I am almost a complete beginner in that sense, thus your cheat sheet could help me a lot! I am wondering though, do you think that making money on pinterest would also boil down to what your pins are about?
To answer your question – Absolutely! Whether you can successfully make money on Pinterest has a lot to do with how clickable your pins are and what they are about. Elise has a section covers that exact element in her eCourse.
I hope the cheat sheet will be helpful to you, and best of luck with your Pinterest journey!
I have been using Pinterest and this article has really enticed me to learn how to grow my pinterest and wonder what Ican do to make it better. Do you think this course has helped you and in what way? I wonder if her strategy of getting an affiliate sale in your first 24 hours would work for me.
This course certainly helped me, even as a complete newbie. It helped me set up my business account, and all the boards, starting to join group boards on Pinterest, and starting to use Tailwind to schedule all my pins. My site traffic tripled.
I think making an affiliate sale within 24hours is a pretty high ask especially for someone who didn’t even have a Pinterest business account (like me). If you are all set up and been using Pinterest for a while, you might be able to make money much faster.
Hope this helps,
Hey, I know that Affiliate marketing is one of the most common and effective ways to make money on Pinterest. I notice, it is one of the FASTEST growing social media platforms. With over 300 million active monthly users in 2019, “Paid by Pinterest” has opened my eyes to Pinterest Affiliate Marketing. I also found that we can make money on Pinterest without a blog.
Great take aways, all the best!
It sounds like a good investment and course. I am interested in using it. I have been using Pinterest for some time but I haven’t really monetized it the way I want. I would appreciate some additional education on the platform. I think there is a great deal of potential with Pinterest I just haven’t had much success maybe Paid by Pinterest could be the answer to that.
Sounds like you are well suited for this eCourse – ie intermediate Pinterest user but wants to apply affiliate marketing on this platform. I definitely encourage to give a shot and hope you can benefit from it like I did.
All the best,
Does this course still work in December 2020?
This was updated in 2020, so the strategy still applies. As this is a digital course, the content gets updated on a regular basis to ensure it works with the latest changes on Pinterest.