Overview of the product:
The 12 Minute Affiliate claims to be a “done-for-you” affiliate marketing software that you can set up in as little as 12minutes. The program requires no prior experience or training. Once you are set up, you can make up to $460 per day. Does that sound too good to be true? Is that legit or is it a scam?
In this review, I will unpack all that for you and share my personal view, so you can make your own decision at the end.
Let’s start with the owner/developer – Devon Brown. Devon is a home-business entrepreneur since 2001. He made his break through in 2008. Since then, he has created multiple products and systems on internet and network marketing. He is known in the industry. The 12 minutes affiliate is his latest product co-created with David Sloan.
So it is a legit product and the owner behind the product is sound. According to the official website, many people are successful with it, but there are just a few things that you need to be aware before committing to it…
Who is it for?
For people who are looking to make money through affiliate marketing online.
If I am being completely honest, the catchy title “The 12 Minute Affiliate” is trying to attract people who are fairly new to affiliate marketing and perhaps still in that “hustling” phase… the title is speaking to the struggles, and the desperation of seeing some results. It is certainly what attracted me in the first place. The “Done-for-you” system also speaks to people who either don’t have the time or technical experience.
Let’s face it, making a success in anything will take hard work and effort. You have heard Gladwell’s the 10,000 hour rule right?
How does it work?
The 12 Minute Affiliate is a sales funnel that has pre-designed landing pages and pre-designed emails that you can use. It will also contain done-for-you traffic.
The concept behind this product is based on the fact that it takes a person, on average, to see an offer on the internet 20-25 times before he or she makes the purchase decision. Therefore, if you can sell to the same audience multiple times, this will increase your chance of making the sell. Make sense?
The 12 Minute Affiliate helps you to order website visitors and send them to a system that can capture their information and sells them multiple different affiliate products automatically. By doing this, you have increased your success rate.
It looks something like this:
I am nodding, at this point… As an internet consumer myself, I rarely buy things rationally when I first see it. I think it is very clever to capture this consumer behavior and create a product to monetize it.
I am behind this concept, let’s break down the steps to get it all set up.
The official site outlined how it works, as simple as 3 easy steps, but once I dug into it, it’s really more complicated than it seems.
Step 1: Personalize the system so that the affiliate commissions go to you
What is hidden… For Step 1, this actually packed several major steps and decisions here:
- Choose from the 3 popular niches: Personal development, Weight loss, Make money from home. You can choose more than one niche at an extra cost.
- Then you can pick the products available to promote from the chosen niche.
- Next, another decision to make. You can either choose to go with option 1 the “Done-for-you” option to connect the landing page to your autoresponder and add pre-written emails, or option 2, do it yourself. You’ve guessed it, option 1 is an extra cost. I can see this option being attractive to people who are short in time or just don’t want to bother with the technical side, but if you are like me, who doesn’t mind doing the work and also just don’t have the money to throw away, option 2 is the way to go.
- Wait, what is an autoresponder? This is a service that you will need in addition to the software. There is a monthly fee that you need to pay, although a free trail is available for you to start.
- Once you have chosen the 2 options above and got your autoresponder set up, you can personalize the landing pages and set up your affiliate link in the emails, so you can get the commission.
Step 2: Add Done-for-You traffic
What is hidden…
- The strategy used by 12 Minute Affiliate is to bring paid traffic using solo ads. Yes, PAID (Ka-ching)!
- Solo ad is a method that you purchase a list of emails to be targeted at what you are trying to promote. You can purchase this directly from the members’ area, which is helpful.
- In the affiliate marketing industry, it is not recommended especially for beginners to purchase traffic. When not used properly, this can be pretty costly without getting the desired results.
Step 3: Collect your affiliate commission
What is hidden…
- Nothing. Once you completed the previous steps, the money should be rolling in at this stage, right?
How much does it cost?
There are 2 types of membership: Basic and Gold.
- Basic = $47/month or $397 for one-time payment for lifetime membership.
- Gold = $97/month or $797 for one-time payment for lifetime membership.
The main difference between the 2 memberships is that, you get to choose 1 niche for the Basic membership, whereas you can have up to 3 niches for the Gold.
Can you try before you buy?
Yes. Whilst is not free, they offer a $9.95 for 14 day-trail.
Pros and cons?
- The fundamental concept behind the product makes sense.
- A Step by step instruction to help you to set up.
- Done-for-you option is available at extra cost.
- Access to private Facebook group.
- One-on-One coaching available at extra cost.
- 60- day money back guarantee available.
- Has it’s own affiliate program which you can earn 50% of commission.
- The cost is high for what you get. Even for the basic membership at $47/month. You will also need to add the autoresponder fee on top of that.
- The upsell is high. For many options such as Done-for-you option, One-on-one coaching etc all cost extra.
- You will need a budget for purchasing traffic as well.
- 12 minutes to set up is an inflated claim. Even according to the users who are in the promotional video, it takes average about 1 hour to set it up.
- Not necessarily newbie-friendly.
- The method used to get traffic is paid traffic, which is not advisable for beginners in the industry.
- You are limited by the 3 available niches and products within the niches.
Will I recommended it?
After extensive research, I personally made a decision not to go for it, simply because I didn’t feel it was a good value for money. For $47/month, I will still be limited by the niches and products, not to mention the cost of paid traffic and autoresponder on top of that.
If I can’t even convince myself to purchase this product, I will not be recommending it to my friends either. I have shared the facts from my research, of course you can make your own decision.
If you have tried the 12 Minute Affiliate, please leave your comments below and share your experience with it.
Disclosure: Some of the links in the article contains affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase through one of the links, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps support the blog and allows me to continue to make free content. I will only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!